Thanks for the tips, having the extended name "www.kdes.com" worked.

Running the servers on lab-PC and testing it with Firefox 5 worked, also worked with IE 8 but not with IE 7 (as I read your post, it was somewhat expected for older versions of IE8).

By the time I deploy the solution to a real web server, different machine from LS Server will the versions of IE be an issue? Or are these issues are related only to having both LS Server and Web server on same machine?

My final configuration (for test purposes) was this one:
pushPage.context.setDomain("www.kdes.com");
lsEngine.connection.setLSHost("www.kdes.com");
lsEngine.connection.setLSPort(8080);

On my lab-PC hosts file I set:
192.168.240.97 www.kdes.com #lab-PC IP

And on a different machine (other-PC) that I want to see the webpage:
192.168.240.97 www.kdes.com #lab-PC IP
on its hosts file.

I tried with the different domains "www.kdes.com" and "push.kdes.com" but it kept giving me document.domain error, so i tried with just "www.kdes.com".
The firefox warning "Unbalanced tree (...) causing data to be reparsed" keeps showing, but with no impact as far as i can tell.

Ps.- Yes, by ".NET Web Client" I meant the web pages are originated from aspx pages.

*EDIT*.- I had an unexpected issue while subscribing an item with an asterisk ( "*" )in its name. I'm not completely sure if the problem was with the adapter, the LS Server or the web page, but at the moment I can't update elements with that character on the item name. Have you experience this before?

Thanks for the quick reply.