Quote Originally Posted by Mone
no it doesn't.

I haven't heard of anything similar to your issue before so that I haven't specific suggestions for you. Usually the heavy part is the DOM manipulation; try to remove any update on the screen to see if the browser still have the issue.

If the issue is still there you may use IE8's developer tools profiler and try to understand where time is spent.

Also note that the client will switch to a polling session if the slowing-algorithm is enabled and the client is slow handling the updates; see http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...SlowingEnabled. Is the algorithm enabled on your application? Do you notice the client switching to polling in your onStatusChange callback?

HTH.
Thanks for the reply. We've just implemented this kind of pattern for itemUpdate
Code:
table.onItemUpdate = function (item, itemUpdate, itemName) {
	setTimeout(function () {
		handleItemUpdate(...)
	}, 0);
};
And it appears to have made a difference - IE can now run for a much longer time, so far no script warnings - without any noticeable performance hit. There is a huge hit to performance in FF so we're only doing this in IE.

You're of course correct about the DOM manipulation; it probably is the source of these problems. I forced polling and streaming separately, and saw the same behaviour in each test. The app wasn't switching to polling automatically, and it is allowed to by default.