Thanks for the pointer. I realised the main error in what I was doing shortly after I posted, which was I wasn’t passing tuples into the subscription command.

That has moved me on to the next error which seems to be that the import command does not bring in custom variable types that the API documentation assumes are there.

Not sure if it is me being silly or whether the documentation is for an older version of the code.

For example the documention says you should create a subscription via the following

sub = Subscription("MERGE",["item1","item2","item3"],["stock_name","last_price"])

but that doesn’t work, as Subscription variable isn’t recognised and I find I have to do this;

subscription_data = LightstreamerSubscription("MERGE", ['MARKET:IX.D.FTSE.CFD.IP'], ['BID'])

Now I have a similar issue with listeners;

class SubListener(SubscriptionListener):
def onItemUpdate(self, update):
print("UPDATE " + update.getValue("stock_name") + " " + update.getValue("last_price"))

SubscriptionListener isn’t defined anywhere so you can’t pass it as a variable into the class.

If you remove subscription listener from the class, you can run it and assign it, but then every time some data is passed back, the code falls over.

What am I missing?