Quote Originally Posted by Mone
Not sure about that, hidden elements are different from detached elements; a hidden element is still attached to the DOM and so it can be found navigating the DOM of the page. A detached element is an instance that is not part of the DOM tree of the page so that to access it you need a pointer to it.
So jquery can't find a detached element unless it cached it before.
Yes, I have realised that in-between and edited my post in a sneaky way (before you posted your reply )

that's because the new element is appended to the DOM tree after the notification (the purpose of the onChangingValues is to change the element before it is shown on the page)
That makes sense.

Btw I don't know what

means (I have no experience with jquery) so maybe there are other preconditions for it to find the element.
It is supposed to be a jQuery selector that will get all element from that DOM that have the class "slidetarget"

Btw the onChangingValues gives you a pointer to the element that is going to be appended (or updated). Not sure if (and how) you can pass that to jquery
If you mean the domNode that comes with onChangingValues, I've had a go with it. It contains the row element that is being updated or added. It seemed to me, that when my command is ADD, it contains the row that will be added, but when my command is UPDATE, it has the row with the old values (probably it is the way it should work, just took me time to find out ).

The docs of onChangingValues say to leave to domNode alone, so maybe it is not a good idea to modify it via jQuery (you can pass the node to jQuery by saying $(domNode).whatever()), that's why I am using setStyle on the updateInfo, even though it is not for hot and cold styles, so I am probably not using it the way is was originally intended.

BTW is there a mean of telling at the initial load of the client, that client has finished loading the records it is supposed to display? That would be a good time to run jQuery stuff. jQuery has a ready hook, that's where normally jquery stuff goes, it starts when the dom loading is ready. With a lightstreamer page, this is not of much help, as the dom may be ready, but we need engine connection and a whole lot of other stuff before the data is actually displayed. I have tried onEngineReady and some other places based on the docs. For paging (for example to switch to page 2) i use onCurrentPagesChanged() and I check the number of pages available via getCurrentPages(), because I had no clue where else to put the goToPage() call. So I now have:

Code:
table.onCurrentPagesChanged = function(){
    //console.log("CurrentPages changed: "+ table.getCurrentPages());
    if( table.getCurrentPages()==2) {
        table.goToPage(2);
  	}
  }
Is this the right way to seek to page 2?