Hi Killmister,

Unfortunately I have to confirm that it is not possible to change the position in ItemUpdate without perform an unsubscribe (followed by a new subscribe).
Indeed, although I didn't know so much about your application, I am not sure if the chosen subscription mode is the better one to feet the UI requirements.
Generally, in cases where the items requested by the client may vary continuously over time, there are two favored subscription strategies:

- A single Item in COMMAND mode, where the list of subscribed stocks is updated directly with special updates from the server;
- multiple Items in DISTINCT or MERGE mode subscribed to with different subscribe calls. This allows you to add and remove stocks separately without affecting the other subscriptions.

I am inclined to the second option for your case, you can also refer to this demo that does something similar: https://demos.lightstreamer.com/GridDemo/

Please let us know if you have already considered these subscription options and if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,
Giuseppe