Hybrid View

Administrator
    Hello,

no, Java is surely not the culprit. In fact, our client library does not contain or incapsulate Java code, nor a Java Virtual Machine, by any means. It contains only pure Obj-C code transpiled from Java code, the meaning of this being: Obj-C source code automatically produced by a tool to be functionally equivalent to its corresponding Java code. Plus a number of support libraries (which are still pure Obj-C).

The error you see is due to our binaries supporting multiple architectures: different iPhone/iPad ARM code segments, plus the x64 code segment for the simulator. An XCFramework could be built starting from separate code segments, i.e. multiple single-architecture frameworks instead a single multiple-architecture framework.

I will check out the added support for binaries and keep this thread updated. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Gianluca,

The Swift Package Manager has now implemented all the requirements needed to distribute LightStreamer through SPM. You can see the new features in the Swift Evolution status page. Specifically:
    - SE-273: Package Manager conditional target dependencies.
    - SE-272: Package Manager binary dependencies.
    - SE-271: Package Manager resources.
    - SE-278: Package Manager localized resources.

These features are already implemented and can be accessed in the Swift development snapshots. They will be released to the broad public with Swift 5.3. Supporting SPM would definitely help me out managing dependencies and updating libraries. Please consider supporting SPM as soon as you can (SPM better than XCFramework).

In that same vein, boris@ig, IG could also update its Lightstreamer requirements. It seems it has been frozen in time.