The following is a sample table
PropertyName: Metric1: Metric2: Metric3: Timestamp:
aProperty 10 100 15 12:59:00
bProperty 5 3 0 12:59:00
cProperty 9 444 2 12:59:00
aProperty 11 36 55 12:59:01
bProperty 54 33 25 12:59:02
cProperty 123 23 14 12:59:03

ClientX would request Propertya, Metric1 at a frequency of 1 second. In this case the dataprovider would query the database every second and the result would be a row of the table.
ClientY would request Propertya, Metric2 at a frequency of 5 seconds. In this case the dataprovider would query the database every 5 seconds summing all the metrics in the last 5 seconds.

I have one Adapter (so 1 dataProvider and 1 metdataProvider)
This is where it gets a bit fuzzy for me so correct me if I'm wrong. As far as I know ClientX will subscribe to Propertya, Metric1 with a frequency of 1, Adapter1. This becomes a ClientX configuration in the metadataProvider.
ClientY will subscribe to Propertya, Metric2 with a frequency of 5, Adapter1. This becomes a ClientY configuration in the metadataProvider.

When the dataProvider receives a datafeed from the 1 second poll. How would it know whether this feed is for ClientX or ClientY. Seems that the key is the frequency but the frequency is known to the metadataAdapter can I use this in some way in the dataProvider so that this feed will finally get delivered to ClientX only?

The other alternative I see is to let Lightstreamer deal with the frequency so the poll would be every second for all clients but the summation would be done by Lightstreamer but I'm not too sure if this would be possible.

I hope this is somewhat clearer! Thanks for your help.
Sinead