Hybrid View

Hi,

Excuse me for my bad explanation. Every market has unique id and is an item for example USD/EUR is item54 and each item has 3 properties (you call it schema?) that are updated in NonVisualTable, the property names are short_tick, long_tick and ivol.
    One client can subscribe to one market at a time for example item54. And client browser will receive ivol messages and one of the others(the criteria which is made by the client as he moves some slider - we discussed this before). As for the backend implementation we create one topic for each market(item) that was added to the subscribed list.

As for my second question, i want when the user moves the slider and the event decides that the client should receive short_ticks i want to send also 1 long_tick per second in order to cover the time of subscribe/unsubscribe (when the user move the slider again).
    I some cases i also want to decrease the updates send to the client. Is it possible the client(understand client side) to tell "i want 3 updates for that property per sec"?

OK, i think i found proper sollution for the first question.
    I will have 2*market items one item for short_tick and one for long_tick. I tested the subscribe/unsubscribe and subscription seems to work fast enough, unsubscribtion is a little slow but i don't care about that . In that way i will send only needed data.

Administrator
    It seems to me that you also solved the second question and no more answers are needed.
    I confirm that the only way to dynamically change the frequency of a single item on a single client page is through a resubscription.
    If the update frequency were your only concern, the resubscription technique would also allow you to use the same item and subscribe to it with a different frequency limit.

Hi, yes, i managed to do exactly what i wanted, and i am using subscription/unsubscription on my onSliderChange() event. It works perfectly and surprisingly very quickly(less than a second to switch feeds). Also i am going to add additional item - "configuration" that will be updated rarely with configuration messages for my slider logic i.e. on what value the slider must switch feeds .
    The only problem with ls is that i can't subscribe to two different adapters, but that is in my(demo) jms implementation logic, that will be investigated some moment in the future .
    Regards & tnx for the help.