Threaded View

Hi Alonso,

4) It is not clear to me what is the exact meaning of the scale granularity (1MINUTE, 5MINUTE, …) you mention. I interpret is as the number of updates per unit of time, but maybe you should consult IG for the right meaning. If we stick with the above interpretation, then to limit frequency of updates you can leverage LS_requested_max_frequency. But keep in mind that LS_requested_max_frequency specifies the number of updates per second. So if you want just one update per minute, you must set the parameter to 0.017 (i.e. 1/60).

5) TLCP protocol has a more uniform and compact syntax, but it is only supported by server version 6.1 or above. So IG should update the server in order that the clients may use TLCP.

6) A local server is surely useful while you are learning the technology. You can install the Stock-List Demo, which simulates stock quotes, on your local server, and then connect with your client.
    The server 6.1 can talk TLCP and the old protocol, so you can experiment with both of them.

Regards
    Alessandro Carioni
    Last edited by Alessandro Carioni; June 15th, 2017 at 09:27 AM.