Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro
Hi,

You can definitely have a single Data Adapter for both the kind of subscriptions, as streaming and polling modes are handled by the Server directly. But in most cases the user cannot perceive any difference between streaming and polling, due to the highly optimized polling mechanism implemented by Lightstreamer. So I guess that by "polling" you mean something else, where the user can see a real difference in the quality of service.
Can you please expand on your requirements?
As you guessed it's something concening the user experience.
I have two policies regarding data updates in my JAVA EE application.
The first one is a plain streaming policy, the user opens the page and the data start to stream as long as the page is being opened.
The second one is a time restricted streaming policy, the user opens the page but the data starts to stream only if an action is performed by the user. After a certain amount of time the stream will be closed until the users performs the action again.
Which policy will be applied rely on the type of subscription the customer buyed.
Customers may buy some data with a policy and some data with the other one.
The issue is: should a grid display data which may be updated with different policies, my app must update any item with right policy.
Is this manageble via sessions and metadata-adapters?