Hybrid View

So what is lightstreamers recommendation for running multiple adapters.
    1) Do I need to write standalone launchers for each adapter?
    2) What is lightstreamers receommendation for the below scenario?
    I need to listen to various topics on the same jms url? Would I need to write a separate adapters for each topic?

Administrator
    The main limitation about adapters is that each web client can open only one streaming session at a time and a session can be associated to only one Data/Metadata Adapter pair.
    So, you probably need to setup a single Metadata Adapter and a single Data Adapter, unless totally different front-end applications have to be fed by the same Server instance. In a remoting scenario, this means one Metadata and Data Proxy Adapter (already supplied) plus one Metadata and Data Remote Adapter.

We have no recommendation about how to launch the Remote Adapters. Customizing a standalone launcher allows you to launch both Metadata and Data Remote Adapter together. If launching them separately is acceptable, then you may not need to customize two standalone launchers, but you may find it enough to use the provided Remote Server.

Note that you also may not need to use a Remote Metadata Adapter at all. You could setup a local, java Metadata Adapter in place of the Proxy Metadata Adapter and only need the Remote Data Adapter.