Hybrid View

Power Member
    Hi,

With eclipse 3.3 (but it should be similar with any IDE)

Install Lightstreamer and remove from LS_HOME/Adapters/StockList the lib folder.

Obviously create a project with the sources.

Add lightstreamer.jar and ls-adapter-interface.jar to the build path of the project: right click on the project -> properties -> Java Build Path -> Librearies folder -> Add External JARs. You can find those jars on the LS_HOME/lib folder. Now the project should not show any compile error.

Create a launch configuration: Run -> Open Debug Dialog -> Double click on Java application. A new launch configuration is created. Now we should configure it:
    • "Main" folder -> As main class set "com.lightstreamer.LS"
    • "Arguments" folder -> as Program arguments set "conf/lightstreamer_conf.xml"
    • "Arguments" folder -> as VM Arguments add "-Dlightstreamer.native.path=lib/native"
      [Just in case you use a JVM 1.5 or older]
    • "Arguments" folder -> as VM Arguments add "-Xms64M -Xmx512M" (you can configure those values as you like or omit them completely)
    • "Arguments" folder -> as Working directory set the LS_HOME path (in my case "C:\Programs\Lightstreamer")
    • "Classpath" folder -> click on user entries and then click on Add External JARs. Select all the jars located under LS_HOME/lib (but not lightstreamer.jar and ls-adapter-interface.jar that are already on the classpath)
    Click debug and you're ready to debug your adpater running inside Lightstreamer.

Hope that helps.
    Let me know if I forgot something or some clarification is needed.

Hello Mone or others
    I am trying to modify the Stocklist _DemoData Adapter to pull data from our mySQL database. I am not very familiar to Java but my experience with other languages, java is quite friendly. I am developing with the version on Linux. Could you please give me detailed instructions to build the project and compile, debug on linux? I think I need to modify the ExternalFeedSimulator, then how to compile and make the modification available to LightStreamer.
    Sorry that if you may find the questions novice since I am starting to understand how Lightstreamer work.
    Thanks a lot

Power Member
    para,
    please take a look here: http://www.lightstreamer.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23

detailed instructions to build the project and compile
    Install the eclipse IDE and follow the instructions from my previous post and let me know if at any point you get lost.

Hello Mone,

The Steps are perfect.
    I could debug the application.

Thanks.