At first...thanks for lightstreamer...what a great solution!
Today i finished the development of my own DataAdapter with the possibility of injecting my own realtime data (quotes and portfolio updates).
It is really simple, so let me share some infos about it.

The quotes and portfolio informations are part of a trading application and will be updated realtime. This application is the "backend". I added a TCP Server to the backend. This server broadcasts the desired informations to all connected clients. This is the point where lightstreamer comes into the play. Like in the HelloWorld example the subscribe method will create a new thread which will manage the communication with the handleItem.
This thread will create a new TCP Clientsocket and connects to the TCP server of the backend. The rest is easy. The receive thread of the clients splits the received messages in fields which represent the different fields in the <div> containers. Like in the HelloWorldExample all fields will be added to a map which maps the fieldname to the content. The listener.smartUpdate method provides the mechanism of hand over the data to the handleItem.

Schema:

|-----------------Lightstreamserver------------|--------Network-------|-----------Backend------------------------------|
DataAdapter <-> "FrontendConnector"<------------------------>"BackendConnector"<->Coresystem

FrontendConnector = TCP Client
BackendConnector = TCP Server

Regard!
exchange1973